Classification: Full-time - Non exempt
Reports To: Warehouse Operations Manager
Assist the Warehouse Operations Manager in any way possible to make the work of the warehouses run smoothly and efficiently. Supervise warehouse volunteers and all volunteer activity. Pull agency orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise volunteers in warehouse and grounds while working along side them.
- Inspect work completed by volunteers to assure quality and adherence to guidelines.
- Assist in opening and closing warehouses each day.
- Assist unloading trucks as needed.
- Sort food and become proficient in Feeding America salvage guidelines.
- Become familiar with good warehousing practices as outlines in Feeding America manual.
- Assist with pulling agencies orders correctly, promptly and in good condition, and on a timely basis, as time allows.
- Ensure paperwork for backpack program, agencies order, transfers, etc. are complete and accurate.
- Ensure first in first out procedures are used.
- Assist in keeping warehouses and ground clean and neat.
- Assist with pick up and deliveries when needed.
- Assist with maintenance and cleanliness of vehicles.
- Assist in monitoring agencies.
- Is available for overtime work when it is needed.
- Operate forklifts, electric pallet jacks, and other warehouse equipment.
- Establish favorable public relation to promote the Tri-sate food Bank.
- Commit to the mission goals of the Tri-State Food Bank.
- Assist Warehouse Manager with tasks as requested.
- Other duties as assigned Executive Director and/or Assistant Director.r duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Warehouse Operations Manager..
This is a Non-Exempt (hourly position). The wage will be commensurate with similar positions and other charities in the market area. Benefits will apply as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Educational requirements may vary but will require either a high school diploma or GED.
- Be able to lift 40 to 50 pounds.
- Be proficient in operating forklifts, electric pallet jacks, and other warehouse equipment.
- Ability to drive Food Bank vehicles.
- Be of good character, good work ethics, and a self-starter.
- Ability to receive directions from the management staff.
- Ability to work with staff and a variety of volunteers.
Application may be picked up at 801 E. Michigan Street, Monday thru Friday 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM -
*Include reference letters from past employers