Our volunteers are the backbone to our success - Your time will help eliminate hunger
During fiscal year 2010 youth groups, church groups, corporate and civic organizations along with individuals, gave over 27,000 hours of volunteer time. This allowed us to distribute food to our agencies quicker and more efficiently.
Qualifications for volunteers include:
- An ability to volunteer time.
- Help carry out our philosophy.
- Desire to willingly share time on a regular basis.
- A desire to help and be part of the total team.
- A parents signature and approval for individuals under age of 18 is required.
- Children under age 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Warehouse Assistants: Our warehouse staff can use help Monday through Friday preparing agency pick-ups, repacking bulk donations and other various projects.
Office Help: Occasionally there is a need for help with bulk mailing, data entry, filing and special projects.
Volunteer Blitz: The first and third Saturdays, excluding holidays, each month, from 8:30 a.m. thru noon is our blitz days. All volunteers and groups are invited to join us on this day.
Special Events: We have special events throughout the year (outside of office hours) that require volunteer help. Volunteers help monitor donation collections.
- Experience team work in action
- New friendships
- New skills and experience